Friday, June 22, 2007

Beasts of Communication Arts.


CONGRATULATIONS SAM WEBER!

I'm extremely proud to have Sam's work in "my" book BEASTS! and even more happy for him to have his Vampire as the cover to the elite industry reference book, the Communications Arts Illustration issue.

I'm floored. As great as Comm Arts is it often has rather impotent images for the cover-- this is pretty goddamned intense for them. Sam's Vampire transcended any hope I had for the overdone vampire motif. It's truly spine-tingling in it's reduction to a victim's-eye-view and being free of any embellishment. The man is terribly talented.

So thanks again for contributing Sam. I never imagined I'd be Art Director (such as I was, which is very little) for work on a Comm Arts cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home