Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chinese Beasts!



I can hardly believe it happened but the world now has "Taiwan's Traditional Chinese Edition" of BEASTS! Book One. Remarkably, this is the first Fantagraphics book ever translated into Chinese and I couldn't be happier that the publisher included Beasts! in the small roster of books that makes up their debut "Graphic Novelty" line. (Iconic works "Jimmy Corrigan" and "Blankets" are among them.) It's a privilege to have the book translated for a wider audience and they really did a wonderful job on the repackaging. It feels more like an exhibition catalog than a coffee table book but that works for this material.

The publisher's site is here. Some pleasantly odd production photos are here. Most importantly, a pretty awesome video trailer is found here.

I'm afraid that I have no idea how to get ahold of copies stateside.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger TheMikeHoffman said...

This sounds like good news, Jacob, but what do you or any of the artists get out of it? Better International relations?

11:28 AM  
Blogger WEISSMAN said...

I want one !

11:58 AM  
Blogger Wesley990 said...

I just bought one yestarday in Taipei. It is really cool. I like pictures inside.

@ Jacob
I could help you to get a Chinese editon and mail it overseas from Taiwan. What do you think?

6:01 PM  
Blogger ✞ Ferrato said...

Ooooooooh i like it so much !

7:17 AM  
Blogger elliot said...

I found this edition in my high school library this morning, so lovely!!!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home